Monday, May 7, 2012

Life is a Circle

While watching television the other night I saw a commercial that instantly brought me back to my youth. For those reason I need to add that my youth occurred WAAAAY back in the 80's. Back before the internet and cell phones. So long ago that people wrote letters and put stamps on them and played their music on large radios they would carry around with them. Some had smaller versions that had headphones - the age of the Walkman.

Television then was different with classics such as Knight Rider, Hawaii-Five O, The Dukes of Hazzard...wait... you KNOW those shows? Even Starsky and Hutch is familiar to you and that's even before MY time! Yes, the idea of original thought in the world of entertainment has seemed to have hit a dead end.

The latest return is Dallas. Memories of kids wearing "Who shot JR?" t-shirts still come to mind as I watch a commercial for the show so many were glued to each week. Amazing how these 'classics' return. I just pray that it's a worthy return. As with most - the original has set a standard.

I admit, many of my favorite films were based on earlier versions but it's amazing how the 80's have been returning or at least attempted to return on many occasions.
Cyndi Lauper - Girls just wanna have fun
Let us just pray the neon colored clothing does NOT return though I would love to tease my hair up and get the crimper out one of these days. Totally!

No comments:

Post a Comment