Thursday, March 10, 2011

One Day Down and Already a Lesson Learned

So I survived the first day of being FaceBook free. Survived being an interesting descriptive considering going on FaceBook isn't a matter of life and death. I did learn a few things so far though:

1. Work doesn't stop. I freelance for SouthWhitehall.patch.com and Hellertown.patch.com and I recommend my stuff (and other pieces as well) on FaceBook. Well....that technically required me to login. I didn't actually go on and chat and such but I was logged in.Does that mean I already 'blew it' on Day 1? I hope not because I plan to continue to recommend things and since I'm not actually on my page I 'think' it's okay.

2. I'm not the only one doing this! I heard on the news about some local college students also giving up FB for Lent and it was suggested it was more difficult than chocolate. Yep...usually I get bored longing for my cocoa treat and move on to MaryJanes or whatnot but with FB . . .it's like cutting off a form of communication.

3. I've gotten stuff done! I did a bit of shopping at Target and got a new table, lamp and ottoman and have plans for doing a bit of redecorating in my newly found 'free' time. I also am in the middle of doing a major Spring cleaning of the kitchen that includes moving stuff around. Maybe I'll paint at some point too.

And speaking of work here are links to this week's columns:

Five Things to Do this Weekend
Frugal Family
Grab & Go Kids Planner

1 comment:

  1. Patty, how can I contact you to let you know about an upcoming event?

    ReplyDelete